Delicious rainbow flatbread pizza !
The colour in this delicious rainbow flatbread pizza is sure to please kids. The veg also makes this a healthy pizza. The pizza can be served for lunch, dinner or as a cool lunch box addition.
Kids are notorious for being picky eaters and not wanting to eat vegetables. Try putting out all the ingredients and getting kids to make their own rainbow flatbread pizza ! Letting kids help to make meals motivates them to eat it.
You can use any vegetables you like ! Try different breads as the base. You can make mini rainbow pizza’s using muffins, pitta breads, or naan breads. You can also go make larger rainbow pizzas by using a ready made pizza base. To make mini rainbow pizza’s split wholemeal muffins in two and spread tomato paste over the muffin. Then sprinkle some cheese and add some veg. They are now ready to go in the oven or grill. Stick to wholemeal breads to make this a healthier option.
Rainbow flatbread pizzas are great way to use any vegetables you’ve been growing in your garden. Growing your own vegetables from scratch is a great way to teach kids about where food comes. It also teaches them how plants grow. For inspiration head to the back to nature shop where you can find a range of gardening supplies to get you going. Whether you’re a beginner or have your own sustainable fruit and vegetable garden. You’ll find a range of kid friendly options to help you on your journey.
Thinking up healthy meal and lunchbox ideas day in day out can be difficult. Let us do the hard work so you have more time to spend with family. For more exciting kid friendly recipes head to our recipe section where we have a range of healthy mouth watering recipes to help you nourish your kids.
Rainbow flatbread pizzas
- packet naan breads or pitta breads Use gluten free bread to make it gluten free
- 1/2 cup homemade pizza sauce Or store bought if prefere.
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese Use vegan cheese to make vegan or lactose free cheese to make lactose free.
- 4 cups chopped colorful vegetables such as red onions, red/yellow/orange/green capsicums/ peppers, grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- Pre heat oven or pizza oven to 200 c
- Lay naan or pita bread on a baking tray if using oven
- Cover bread in pizza sauce
- Sprinkle cheese all over the bread
- Layer vegetables in a rainbow pattern onto bread
- Sprinkle with Italian herbs
- Bake for 20 mins or until top is slightly golden
- Slice and serve warm